AdopTween Hangouts invites all pre-teenaged adoptees (ages 8-12) from all backgrounds to engage in some purposeful fun, led through the mentorship of teen and young adult adoptees (ages 14+). AdopTween provides a positive, constructive space for preteen adoptees to meet new friends and share in each other’s stories!
Our AdopTween activities explore themes that often color pre-teen years such as making good friends, facing your fears, building self-esteem, encouraging self-expression, and celebrating your multicultural family. Adoptween is all about friendship and figuring things out amongst friends!
AdopTween Hangout Schedules
AdopTween Colorado meets bi-monthly throughout the traditional school year. “Hangouts” last between 2.5-3 hours and are built around themes that are important to every tween’s development, with the added bonus of adoption identity affirmation to boot! With meaningful discussions, purposeful activities, bonding games, and plenty of snacks (of course), we hope your tween can join us and start building a strong and confident community of support and connection that will last a lifetime.
*15% event fee discount for each additional sibling
Apply to become an AdopTween Mentor
Our Hangouts wouldn’t be possible without the help of our incredible AdopTween Mentors.
For the 2022-23 AdopTween year, we are looking for new Mentors to join our AdopTween team! If you want to mentor and lead a group of Tweens please complete the application and we would love for you to join our amazing team!
AdopTween Mentor Expectations
- Must be an adoptee or adult who has experienced foster care, 14 years old or older
- Must be able to commit to at least one full year of AdopTween Mentor work
- Passionate about building connections for adoptees of all ages
- Comfortable with and competent at leading and facilitating small group activities
- Attend most if not all AdopTween Hangouts
- Must be a responsible, empowering, and open-minded peer for adoptees of all ages
- Big team player
- Passionate and dedicated to the overall mission, policies, and values of The Park