Terms & Conditions
To better facilitate the tour, we require that each traveling party creates a Heritage Tour Travel Portal profile to provide detailed traveler information and to pay a tour deposit of $200/person. This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied toward the total tour costs. Payment of the deposit must be made with a credit card and a 2.5% processing fee will be charged. Payment of any remaining tour fees can be made by personal check, cashier’s check, or credit card. A completed Travel Portal profile and payment of deposit must be received by the booking deadline in order to guarantee your spot on the tour. Please refer to each tour itinerary for specific deposit amounts and booking deadlines.
Our tour packages typically cover: fantastic bilingual tour guides, airport/hotel transfers, 4/5* hotel accommodations, in-country transportation, tickets for all itinerary activities, and the majority of meals.
Our tour packages typically do not cover: international airfares, passport and/or visa fees and services, optional tour excursions, pre- and post- itinerary airport/hotel transfers, tour guide and driver tips/gratuity, and personal expenses.
Please refer to each tour’s Inclusions & Exclusions section, as well as each tour’s Add-Ons Fee Schedule, for tour-specific fee details.
CANCELATION AND REFUND POLICY
All tour deposits are non-refundable. In the event that you must cancel your tour plans, your remaining paid tour balance amount will be refunded as follows:
|If cancelation is made…||Refund will be…|
|60 or more days prior to departure date||100%|
|59-30 days prior to departure date||80%|
|29 days – 48 hours prior to departure date||50%|
|Less than 48 hours prior to departure date*||0%|
Additional penalties may be imposed by airlines, trains, or hotels for tickets and reservations that have been issued or paid. Once the tour begins, no refund will be made to travelers who cut short or change the tour regardless of the portions of the package left unused.
Individuals who fail to obtain required travel documents, such as their passport, visa, or PCR test, etc. as required by the government, by their respective deadlines, will not be entitled to a refund.
For refunds processed by wire transfer, any associated wire transfer fees will be deducted from the overall refund amount. For refunds processed by credit card or mobile payment (PayPal, Venmo, etc.), there will be a 3% transaction fee that will be deducted from the overall refund amount.
The refund amount can be credited directly to your account for future bookings without any transaction fee.
*If a traveler withdraws from the tour due to serious illness, injury, or other emergency (including a positive COVID test), a refund will be assessed and issued to the best of our ability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES
- CCAI/The Park Heritage Tours contracts with Guangxi China International Travel Services Co., LTD to provide tour services and act as purveyors of transportation, sightseeing, meal service, and hotel accommodations. CCAI/The Park does not own, manage, or control these purveyors or any other service suppliers for the tours. By joining a CCAI/The Park Heritage Tour, travelers agree not to hold CCAI nor its representatives liable for any loss, injuries and/or damages resulting directly or indirectly from participating on the Heritage Tour.
- All tour itineraries are accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, all tour prices and plans are subject to change. We reserve the right to adjust the listed price or activity at any time due to cost increase for any portion of the tour or changes of the foreign exchange rate. We make every reasonable effort to adhere to published tour itineraries. However, we reserve the right to alter transportation, accommodations, and sightseeing itineraries at any time based on local conditions or due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter itineraries, postpone, or cancel any tour in cases of weather conditions, act of God, acts of governments, political crisis, terrorism, war, pandemic, etc. Any loss or additional expenses incurred shall be the responsibility of tour participants.
- Tour participants are responsible for timely submission of their tour registration, payment of deposit, and payment of tour balance by all due dates. If any individual misses the booking deadline and wishes to be added on a tour after the booking deadline has passed, they will be charged a 10% late booking fee and may be added to the tour only if there is space available and after they have paid the full tour balance. Any individuals who fail to pay their full tour balance by the booking deadline will not be booked on the tour, unless a late payment has been expressly communicated and approved by CCAI/The Park’s Heritage Tour team.
- Tour participants are solely responsible for applying for, paying for, and obtaining any and all required travel documents, including by not limited to their passport, travel visa, international air ticket, and COVID PCR test. Individuals who fail to obtain all necessary travel documents, such as their passport, tourist visa, or COVID PCR test, etc. as required by the government, will not be able to travel and will not be entitled to a refund of their tour fee.
- Tour participants who participate in a Birth City Tour understand and acknowledge that CCAI/The Park and its representatives will do all they can to accommodate the tour participant’s specific requests such as orphanage visits, finding place exploration, and meeting with caregivers or foster families. However, due to many different circumstances beyond CCAI/The Park’s control, including but not limited to changes in personnel, missing or incorrect information, building renovations, or changes in the local environs may make any and/or all Birth City Tour requests impossible to fulfill.
- Tour participants agree to strictly abide by the laws and regulations of the countries they visit. CCAI/The Park Heritage Tours will not be responsible for any and all penalties due to violations by tour participants. We reserve the right to not accept, exclude, or remove anyone from our tours in our sole discretion.
- Tour participants agree that fraternizing with locals outside of planned activities of the tour shall be kept to social situations only, and that at no time will they bring locals or media personnel to any part of the Heritage Tour and/or Birth City Tour, or to visit or stay in their hotel room. Tour participants further acknowledge that development of relationships with unknown local persons during the trip could lead to difficulties including, but not limited to stolen passports, stolen money, problems with local Chinese authorities, and endangerment of the entire travel group and that any costs, injury, or harm incurred due to such relationships or fraternization shall be their sole responsibility and they shall hold CCAI/The Park and all its representatives harmless from any and all responsibility, liability, claims, or demands.
- By participating on our tours, tour participants agree to hold CCAI/The Park harmless from any and all responsibility, liability, claims, or demands which they presently have or may have in the future, arising out of any kind of person injury, bodily injury, sickness, death, loss of property, property damage, or any other costs or expenses incurred during the course of, as the result of, of in any way connected with the tours they participated in, whether such damages, costs, or expenses may arise out of the negligence or carelessness of CCAI/The Park Heritage Tours or otherwise. This release extends to all travel by the participants to, from, and within any foreign country. It extends to and includes all owners, employees, agents, principals, contractors, representatives, successors, assignees, associates, affiliates, attorneys, and insurers of CCAI/The Park and to all other persons and entities subject to liability derived from its conduct. This release is binding upon the family, estate, heirs, representatives, successors, assignees, and agents of the tour participant.
- By participating in our tours, tour participants acknowledge and are aware that all travel, whether in the U.S. or in a foreign country, involves risks of crime, accident, and additional risks and hardships, foreseen and unforeseen, including, but not limited to, risks of exposure to illness or disease, unsanitary or unsafe food and water, inadequate or non-existent health care services, and political instability. Tour participants hereby agree to assume all risks in connection with the foreign travel and further agree that presence of participation of a tour guide or escort during any portion of the tour does not in any way guarantee, promise, or assume responsibility on the part of CCAI/The Park for their health and safety.
- By participating in our tours, tour participants acknowledge and are fully aware of and understand the implications of any and all relevant and current China-related Travel Warnings/Alerts issued by the U.S. State Department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is their own choice and decision to travel to China and they are solely responsible for providing any preventive medical supplies (such as face masks, hand sanitizer, medications, etc.) that they deem necessary. Tour participants acknowledge that, should they contract any illness or contagious disease (“Medical Condition”) while in China, or during any part of the trip, foreign or domestic, which may delay their return home or increase their costs in any way, they agree to hold CCAI/The Park harmless for any such additional costs related to the Medical Condition as well as any incidental costs that may be incurred due to such Medical Condition. In addition, tour participants agree to hold CCAI/The Park harmless for any illness that they might contract during their tour.
- CCAI/The Park Heritage tours can be exciting and physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. Stressful situations could affect all travelers, especially seniors and minor children. Tour participants agree that they have had a recent medical examination and otherwise have good reason to believe that they are physically and mentally fit and capable to participate in the tour and assume the responsibility of fitness and capability to do so. Tour participants understand that CCAI/The Park and any supplies of tour services it contracts provide no medical care insurance coverage for foreign travel and that the participant is solely responsible for arranging and paying for any such insurance coverage. Tour participants understand that they are solely responsible for costs incurred by illness or medical emergency which may happen to them during the tour.
- If tour participants have any complaints during their tour, they are advised to inform their tour guide, escort, or service suppliers immediately of their situation so that they may promptly attend to the matter. In case a satisfactory result is not reached, tour participants must submit a written complaint to CCAI/The Park within 30 days of the completion of the tour. Complaints received by CCAI/The Park will be acted upon promptly and fairly within the stated terms and conditions. Any controversy, disagreement, or claim that cannot be settled amiably shall be settled by arbitration. Tour participants and CCAI/The Park consent to the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of the State of Colorado for all purposes in connection with the arbitration.
- Tour participants who are parents of minor tour participants acknowledge that this agreement is made on behalf of any minor children traveling and that they are solely responsible for their behavior, safety, and well-being during the entirety of the Heritage Tour including any and all add-ons or extensions to the basic itinerary.
- Tour participants expressly agree that the above release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of Colorado, and that if any portion of it is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.