Chapters – in-person and virtual – help expand The Park’s mission globally by creating a strong network of support and friendship for adoptees across as many communities as possible. The need for healthy support systems for adoptees is vital and Chapters help ensure that these support systems are not only easy to find but also incredibly empowering.
Chapters are a great, easy way to start making more adoptee connections in your local community. All Chapters are headed by fantastic volunteer coordinators who have a passion for creating fun opportunities for connection and cannot wait to meet you. We currently have 8 active Chapters across North America, coordinating casual, valuable hangouts every month for their local adoptee communities.
Our Chapters operate independently from each other but we are all one big happy family. If you find yourself visiting somewhere new on vacation and there’s a Hangout happening, stop by! We’d love to meet you!
Explore the map below to find a Chapter near you. *Please note: Chapters events vary in age groups, which are ages 13-20 and ages 21+.
Don’t see one in your area? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know it’s wanted!
Find a Chapter Near You
Check out our upcoming monthly chapter events by clicking the button
Apply to Start a Chapter in Your Area
We are always looking for more passionate adoptees who have the time and ability to manage a new Chapter and help us make adoptee connections even more accessible in our world. If you are 18 years old or older and hoping to start a Chapter in your area, feel free to complete the form below to let us know and we would love to try and build more purposeful community together!
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
- An individual who has experienced adoption
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to commit to at least one full year to Chapter coordination
- Passionate about building connections for adoptees of all ages
- Able to research, plan, and coordinate each Chapter event (location, date, and time)
- Able to dedicate a maximum of 10 hrs/month to Chapter coordination
- Must be a responsible, empowering, and open-minded peer for adoptees of all ages
- Big team player
- Passionate and dedicated to the overall mission, policies, and values of The Park
Each Chapter receives a monthly stipend to help cover facilitation costs