Graphic Design Intern – Summer 2022
Posted: February 21, 2022
Commitment: Part Time (20-25 hours/week)
Time Frame: June 2022 – August 2022
Compensation: Unpaid – Accommodations and flight costs covered for In-Person interns; Team lunch every Friday
In-Person (preferred) or Remote
The Park Adoption Community Center is looking for a graphic design intern to produce branded visuals and graphic design elements for marketing and education purposes. Intern will assist and consult with Social Media Strategist and Development Team to provide design support for production requests (print layout, advertising layout, merchandising and packaging, environmental design, illustration, and brand consulting).
Ideal for college students looking for meaningful, practical design work to strengthen their brand design portfolio. Working to amplify the voices of the adoption community and illustrate the adoption experience, individuals with a personal connection to adoption, who celebrate diversity and inclusion, and have a passion for supporting adoptees and their families are encouraged to apply.
This internship can be accomplished in-person or remote and is for a minimum period of two months with the possibility for extension, contingent on performance and availability.
- Assist in conceptualizing, designing, and problem-solving various marketing materials – key art, banners, web graphics, emails, social posts, merchandise, etc.
- Work with Development Team to conceptualize and produce branded content that empowers and reflects the adoption community and all The Park programs
- Monitor current aesthetic best practices
- Competitor analysis of ad design and entertainment landscape
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior work experience in design preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Procreate, and/or Canva required
- Knowledge of color theory and layout aesthetics preferred
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to work on a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively
- Excellent visual and written communication skills
- Understanding of composition for digital creation
- Interests/experience with publication layout, conceptual thinking, brainstorming, and production
- Photography skills and photo imaging skills preferred
- Multimedia design skills preferred